2015年11月16日 星期一

[遊學日誌] Idiom慣用語主題 - 年齡




☛ age (n.) 年齡
e.g. What is your age? = How old are you? 你幾歲呢?
-> I'm 25 (years old). 我25歲

e.g. What age can you drink alcohol in NYC?
在紐約市幾歲可以喝酒?
-> At the age of 21.  二十一歲

☛ age (V.) 老化
e.g. Everyone ages. 所有人都會老化

Talking about Age
☛ decades 幾十年
e.g. How old is she?
-> She is in her thirties. (約30-39歲)
-> He is in his twenties. (約20-29歲)

e.g. I am enjoying my twenties. 我在享受我二十幾歲的時光
e.g. I am in my thirties. 我正在三十幾歲的階段
- I am in my early thirties. (30-35)
- I am in my late thirties. (36-39)
- I'm thirty-something. (3X,用於不願意說清楚的情況)

VERBS
☛ grow up (小孩)長大
e.g. He grew up fast. 他長大得很快

☛ become older = get older 變老
e.g. He's getting older. 他逐漸變老

☛ look your age 看起來很老
e.g. He looks his age. 他看起來很老
e.g. He is 40, but he doesn't look his age.
他四十歲,但是看不出來

☛ look good for your age 看起來年輕
e.g. She's 40 and she looks good for her age.
她四十歲了而且看起來很年輕

☛ turn back the clock 改變過去某件事
e.g. I want to turn back the clock to become a better student.
我希望我過去可以是個好學生

AGES(美國的年齡分群)
☛ childhood (0-12) 孩童時期
e.g. She had a good childhood. 她有很好的童年
e.g. I don't want to talk about my childhood. 我不想談論我的童年

☛ adolescence (13-19) 青春期
e.g. He had a difficult adolescence. 他有個非常艱困的青春期
e.g. He was a teen. 他曾是青少年

☛ adulthood (above 20) 成年期

☛ middle age (40-65) 中年期

☛ old age (senior citizen) 老年人 (65-死亡)

OTHERS
☛ ageist 不善待老年人的人
e.g. U.S. culture is ageist.
美國文化不善待老年人

☛ Peter Pan Complex
[1] 非常渴望保持年輕
[2] 表現幼稚
e.g. My brother has a Peter Pan Complex.
我的兄弟表現幼稚

☛ You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
老年人不接受新世代科技



沒有留言 :

張貼留言